The former Filanda Bovara-Reina once was the private residence of the Bovara family later transformed into a spinning mill in the late 18th century. In the following years it was converted into a steam system designed by Bovara himself who made taste and neoclassical elegance coincide with working needs. On the ground floor there’s a granite archway to the basement with the lumberyards, the furnace an the water tank. The external façade was intended to emphasize the sacredness of the place. The spinning mill operated until 1924, then it was sold and transformed into a factory that produced thermal insulators. In the 1970s the factory went out of business and remained abandoned. After considerable public debate over the fate of the former Filanda, a restructuring plan was approved: on the inside the building was converted into apartments, while the façade over the lake and the hall with the columns were conservatively renovated. Since then, the hall with its clean and modern taste, has been used for cultural events such as exhibitions and fairs organized by the Municipality and other entities.
Before going out of business, the spinning mill gave work to many people. Being a spacious place, it was also used by the youth during catechism classes (with rooms for boys and rooms for girls) and as a gathering place and entertainment venue.
- Tiziana Rota “Malgrate da vivere, da conoscere da vedere”.
- Testimonianza Romolo Bonfanti.